4 Ways Chiropractic Care Can Improve Your Health
When you hear of the words “chiropractic care”, does your brain immediately think of “cracking bones”? Well, it’s more than that. Chiropractic care can actually make a huge difference to your health (and it’s not as scary as it sounds). Read on to find out more!
Chiropractic Care Provides Long-Term Solutions
The frustration and helplessness of experiencing chronic pain will certainly drive us to seek the fastest available solution. Therefore, we may be driven to take over-the-counter painkillers that we can easily get at pharmacies and pray that the pain will go away. While painkillers are able to alleviate the symptoms at times, it is not the best option when it comes to addressing the root cause of the problem and maintaining our health in the long run.
Chiropractic care frees you from worrying about potential side effects caused by over-reliance on painkillers and is a much safer, non-invasive option, especially for people who may be allergic to certain types of painkillers out there. What makes it even better is that chiropractic care is suitable for people of ages, so you don’t have to worry about being too young or too old to receive chiropractic treatment!
FUN FACT: Did you know that around 20% of Singaporeans are suffering from chronic back or neck pain? That’s a big number and this should not be taken lightly!
Chiropractic Care Restores Your Active Lifestyle
We know – when your body is in pain, it makes it harder to keep yourself active. Don’t let pain demotivate you!
Depending on the level of pain and the areas affected, chiropractors will carry out consultation and detailed physical evaluations to determine your condition and then advise you with the best comprehensive treatment options. This will often include some customised rehabilitation exercises to restore proper biomechanics and functions of our spine, joints and soft tissues. Customised rehabilitation exercises will also help you with correcting the form and technique of the exercises that you enjoy doing and mitigate the risk of sports injury in the future. If you’re an active person who frequently experiences body aches or if you just want to improve your performance, you might want to consider booking a consultation with a chiropractor!
Chiropractic Care Also Improves Your Body Systems
Believe it or not; it’s not just about bones. Your spinal cord is essentially the “backbone” of your entire body (no pun intended), and is connected to all the other systems in your body. Therefore, it is super important for us to ensure that we take care of these systems the right way. Here are some of the systems that can be positively affected by chiropractic care:
- Nervous System: Misaligned vertebrae or vertebrae that are not moving as it should decrease the efficiency of the communication between your brain and the rest of the body. Chiropractic adjustments bring neuro-awareness to a joint that is no longer functioning properly, ensuring that your nervous system is working at its optimal level.
- Respiratory System: Experiencing breathing difficulty? It could be that your airway and diaphragm are not working optimally or the phrenic nerve which originates from your neck to the diaphragm has been affected due to misaligned vertebrae. Chiropractic treatment can help to improve the function of the phrenic nerve, allowing better function in the lungs and diaphragm.
- Digestive System: If you’re experiencing frequent stomach discomfort, acid reflux or even gas, seeking chiropractic treatment may help with improving your digestive health. Taking care of your spinal health can ease nerve dysfunction and makes sure your digestive tract functions well.
- Immune System: Chiropractic care can help to improve your immune system as long as your nervous system is well taken care of. After all, your white blood cells are dependent on your brain to send out signals to fight against viruses and bacteria. Healthy nervous system + less mental/physical stress = healthy immune system!
- Cardiovascular System: With the heart being the “main pump” that keeps us going and living, it is important to minimise the risks of heart conditions. Seeking chiropractic treatment may help lower blood pressure, alleviate chest pains and maintain steady heart rates.
- Muscular System: Complaining about muscle aches is pretty common nowadays, due to our working environment, poor posture and poor ergonomics. Chiropractic adjustments can help restore the biomechanics of your body by realigning joints and spine, releasing tension between muscles and treating the root cause of the problem
Essentially, chiropractic care can potentially make your movements smoother, faster and most importantly, pain-free. Always let your chiropractor know where you are experiencing discomfort and they will come up with the best treatment plan to best tackle the issues you are facing.
Be Mentally Healthy With Chiropractic Care
The idea of having to go through day to day life with pain can take a toll on our mental health and even make it worse. When our nervous system is overloaded with pressure and emotional stress, it sends negative signals to the brain or worse, it suppresses our immune system. As chiropractic care looks at health with a mind-body approach, your health will be looked at in all areas – biomechanically, biochemically and emotionally. In fact, it has been proven that chiropractic care can improve mental health conditions, such as anxiety and depression. Getting a chiropractic adjustment can also release hormones such as neurotensin, oxytocin and cortisol that relieve stress, as well as improve the quality of sleep.
How Do I Choose A Chiropractor in Singapore?
If you’ve read it this far, you’re in luck of being a step closer to getting your body feeling a lot better than it is now! First, do your research and verifications to ensure that the chiropractors you are planning to visit are certified doctors with completed degrees, are members of the Alliance of Chiropractic Singapore, or members of The Chiropractic Association Singapore.
Once you’ve identified a chiropractor that you are comfortable with, the next step would be to book a consultation! If you have any x-ray scans or medical reports, remember to bring them along with you on your visit so that the chiropractor can provide further assistance and come up with the best treatment plan for you. Prevention is better than cure; once your issues are resolved, it is best advised to schedule appointments occasionally to maintain optimum results for your health.
Book a Consultation with Elite Spine Centres Now!
Taking pride to consider ourselves as experts within the conservative care spectrum, your health is the utmost priority to our chiropractors at Elite Spine Centres. By integrating our approach of Functional Correction Method (FCM) where we restore the functionality of the joints and spine and soft tissues, your body will have the capacity to properly heal and get you back on your feet in no time.
Various treatments are also available here, such as spinal decompression, low-level laser therapy, shockwave therapy, physiotherapy and even sports massage. We even have a weight management program for those of you who are looking for effective ways to achieve a healthy weight.
Are you ready to be the best version of yourself? Come book a consultation with us! If you have any enquiries, feel free to get in contact with us too.
Address: 2 Kallang Ave, CT Hub 1, Singapore 339407
Phone: +65 6904 8400
WhatsApp: +65 9727 3603
Opening Hours: 8:30 am – 7:00 pm (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday)
8:30 am – 5:00 pm (Thursday)
9:30 am – 3:00 pm (Saturday and Sunday)
Closed on Public Holidays.
Dr. Michael Bryant, doctor of chiropractic and member of the Alliance of Chiropractic (AOC) Singapore, graduated summa cum laude from Life University in Atlanta and received several distinctions, as well as completing additional coursework and NBCE certification in physiotherapy. Michael Bryant is the founder of Elite Spine Centers. Read more about Dr. Mike here.